Friday, March 14, 2014

Snowlanta Part 2


 Josh left for Kenya on February 8 and I wasn't sure how I was going to handle everything while he was gone before his mom arrived to help us out.  Luckily, Heaven was on our side and sent another snow storm to help us out (sorry to all those who were negatively affect by the wintery weather).  :)  Since nothing had gone right the last time there was a snow storm, the powers that be in Atlanta decided it would be better to close everything a day early as to avoid all of the problems associated with the first snow storm.  This meas that we didn't have school on Tuesday, but the snow didn't come until Wednesday.  YAY for snow days.

We spent time on Tuesday doing art projects, playing, watching movies, reading books, and lots of other fun stuff.  I love the few days that I get to really be a stay at home mom.  I think the kids enjoyed it too.


Matthias designed this sword on his own and I help decorate.  It didn't take too long before Lizzy got in on the glitter action.  (Notice how green it is outside on Tuesday.)



Finally on Wednesday the snow arrived.  It was definitely icier than the first snow storm.  This meant that on Wednesday and Thursday we had great packing snow.  Matthias was able to make a small little snowman.




We also tried sledding down our driveway, but ended up getting stuck.  So the kids ended up pushing each other around.






The snow was almost completely melted by Thursday evening, but Matthias' school was delayed enough on Friday that I took the time off from my practicum and stayed home with Lizzy.

My two favorite things from this snow storm?  First, lots of fun extra time with my kids.  Second, I wrote 25 pages of my dissertation.  Definitely a win-win for me!

1 comment: