Sunday, February 2, 2014

Chinese New Year



Xinnian Quaile!  Happy Chinese New Year.  Chinese New Year happened on Jan 31, but we celebrated on Feb 1.  Only one day late this year!  It gave me a good excuse to spend the morning making jiaozi (pork dumplings), mapo dofu (spicey tofu), snow peas, and bok choy.  My kitchen was a mess afterwards, but it was totally worth it.

Matthias knew exactly what I was doing when I started putting the jiaozi together.  He was so excited because I don't make them very often.  He sat right by me the whole time and tried to help whenever he could.  I wish I would have gotten a picture of this.  It was so great to have him as excited about this as I was!  And he was so happy to eat our big late lunch with us.

This boy LOVES jiaozi!

Lizzy on the other hand was not as interested.  She watched what I was doing when I made the skins for the jiaozi, but quickly lost interest. She also was not very impressed with the food.  She at least tried bites of everything and ended up liking the snow peas and liking the jiaozi (at least more that the dofu).  hahaha.

Not so sure about this Chinese food.

Since we couldn't spend the evening (or weekend) with our family to celebrate Chinese New Year, we did something else fun instead.  We got out the tent and set it up in the front room and then watched The Croods on Netflix.  Matthias now says Dun, dun, duuuuun whenever anything ominous happens!



The kids had a great time and enjoyed sleeping in tent overnight... dun dun duuuuun!

They had a great time, Josh and I didn't sleep as well from all of the
noise these two cute and crazy kids made during the night!

Happy Chinese New Year!

2 comments: