Thursday, April 26, 2018

Parent Lunch Thursday

Most of my days are spent caring for the twins, but I want Lizzy and Matthias to feel important too.  Matthias has been reminding me all week that I could come each lunch with him at school today.  His teacher has a "Parent Luncheon" once a month and I've always been sad that I used to always work during that time and was not able to go do this.  So after feeding babies, getting ready for the day, feeding babies, and grabbing some things for lunch, I was able to go visit Matthias during his lunch time today.

He had told me that the parents usually bring things like McDonald's for these lunches.  He knows how to get what he wants, because I totally fell for it and brought him Burger King.  I didn't see any other kids with fast food.  Oops.  But it was easier than me trying to figure out something to make and bring, so I will count it as a win.

I was almost 10 minutes late to his lunch and felt really badly about that, but he was so happy when I walked in pushing the stroller with the babies.  He ran right over and gave me a hug.  The rest of his class started to gather around the stroller.  I had the covers over the car seats and quickly told the kids not to touch.  They were all really good.  Matthias was happy to open each cover and show off his brothers really briefly.

It was really fun to have lunch with my big kid.  After eating he went out to play with his friends.  I slowly followed him out to see if I could find Lizzy out there too.  Matthias was playing a tossing game with his friends.  I realized we hadn't taken a picture, so I quickly took one to document our lunch.



Once the bell rang I was able to spot Lizzy running toward her class line.  It was fun to give her a hug and she showed off her brothers to some of her friends too.

This evening, Matthias told us that during music he was sitting at one end of the semi-circle.  He said that every time his teacher would turn her back to him he would flip around and start pretending he was making out.  Then he showed us his moves.


Also, the babies were matchy-matchy today in "Mommy Loves Me" onesies.

No comments:

Post a Comment