Monday, June 8, 2015

Dr. Joshua V. Garn

We were lucky to have Josh's parents and my mom come celebrate Josh's graduation with us.  It's such a huge accomplishment to finish your PhD and I am so proud of my husband.  I think this is the only graduation he has wanted to walk in and I definitely wanted to have the pictures.

We started the graduation day by going to the big commencement on campus.  We were able to sit on the same side Josh was sitting on (which allowed us to see him better) even though we were still far away.  The talk by Salman Rushdie was disappointing, but we didn't let it put a damper on the whole day.

Keeping ourselves entertained before Graduation starts.
He found us!

We then walked over to the convocation.  Matthias's kindergarten teacher was actually one of the performers to lead in all of the graduates.  Josh was easy to spot in the crowd, as he seemed to be a whole head taller than everyone else.  The kids were so good to keep themselves entertained and to wave at daddy as he came in.  I hope they have memories of this!

My fruit ninja
Blowing kisses to her dad

It was so awesome to see Josh get hooded; totally worth the wait (both in years and how long we waited before it was his turn at convocation).

HOODED!


Afterwards we were able to walk over and get a few pictures by the Emory sign.




Josh's parents were so nice to take us out to eat afterwards.  We had a fun lunch at Red Lobster.  Such a fun celebration and I am so proud of my husband.

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you all and so proud of Josh! I'm so glad I was able to be there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! Congratulations to Josh for many years of hard work.

    ReplyDelete