Thursday, April 2, 2015

April Fools Day

Matthias' favorite breakfast is egg-in-the-nest (toast with an egg in the middle of it).  You can see a recipe for it here.  I decided on April Fools to get my family with a tricky breakfast.  So I prepared the bread the same way, but instead of filling the hold with an egg, I poured in pancake batter first (to look like the white of the egg) and diced peaches next.  I also covered the back with more pancake batter.  It looked pretty realistic and I totally fooled my family.


Matthias got me back later that night.  He made me "juice" that I couldn't drink.  It was actually red jello in a cup.  Fun times.

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, you are so clever to think of this April Fools Day joke. What a good mom you are creating good memories for your kids. Loved to read how Matthias thought he was tricking you back! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete