Sunday, December 29, 2013

Josh's Christmas Present 2012

For Josh's Christmas present last year I gave him a year of dates.  Mostly this means that I make a big meal (which he usually helps with) and we spend the evening together.  Each month we have "gone" to a different country for our dates.  Here is a list of our activities and some of the menu!  Sadly, I haven't taken pictures of everything, but I have a few good ones from this year.

January—BYU (aka Cougartown)
Menu: We were supposed to eat creamery ice cream, but sadly they closed by 6pm.  
Activity: BYU basketball game


February—Caribbean Cruise
Dinner: Shrimp appetizer, coconut chicken with sweet chili sauce, fruit, pina colodas, ice cream
Movie: Pirates of the Carribbean

The already eaten meal (I forgot to take a picture before hand!)
Matthias loving the fancy drink.

March—Ireland
Dinner: Corn beef andcabbage, irish potatoes, bread, and Lucky charms for dessert
Movie: Leap Year



April—France
Dinner: Poulet ou white grape juice, Ratatoille, bread, cheese, fruit, sparkling cider. Chocolate fondue for dessert.
Movie: Les Mis 


May—Jamaica
Dinner: Jerk chicken, Jamaican rice, black beans, fried bananas and fruit juice.  
Movie: Cool Runnings

June—England
Dinner: Bangers and mash, scones, fish sticks, carrots
Movie: Sherlock Holmes


July—Italy
Dinner: Shrimp fra diavolo, caprese salad, bruschetta, Tiramisu for dessert
Movie: The Italian Job



My two kids have loved this gift to Josh!

August—China
Dinner: Jiao zi, bok choy chicken, general chaos chicken, Josh's pork (his own recipe that he developed!)  
Movie: Kung fu panda


September—India
Dinner: Butter chicken, Chana Masala, Indian Samosas and Mango Lassi.  Mango Sorbet for dessert
Movie: Bride and Prejudice.

October—Germany
Dinner: Bratwurst with mustard and sauerkraut, red cabbage, potatoes, rootbeer.  Apple pie for dessert
We spent this evening with our good friends the Goates.

November—Greece
Dinner: Chicken kebabs, hummus and pita bread, and baklava.
Movie:  My big fat greek wedding


December—Argentina
Dinner: Ceviche, parrillada (mixed grill), pineapple
Movie: Emperor’s New Groove





My silly kids are ready to eat


4 comments:

  1. Best Christmas present ever! Too bad we didn't get a picture of every meal, as they all tasted wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think this is one of the best ideas I've ever seen. I'm glad you documented it. Is there a 2013 edition?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This year, I gave Josh a jar filled with popsicle sticks with date ideas on each. I put a lot of different country names on some of them so that we can make meals like this again throughout the year.

      Delete
  3. Everything looks delicious. I am so impressed! And I loved that you had Lucky Charms for your Irish dessert. haha!

    ReplyDelete