The October General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was difficult for me (Cheryl) with kids going crazy after just ten minutes of listening to the leaders of the church. So, last week for the April session of General Conference, I tried to be more prepared to help my kids pay attention and so I could enjoy conference more. Pinterest was a great tool and I was amazed with how much my kids were actually listening with a few tricks.
The morning sessions on Saturday and Sunday start at noon for us here out on the East Coast. We started lunch (sandwiches) a little early so that we could be ready to pay attention while we finished eating. I put out bowls of snacks connected with words ("Jesus," "Scriptures," and "Prayer") and the kids were only able to have one of these snacks when these words were said. Although they were still climbing all over me, we were all able to listen better and enjoy conference.
Although the afternoon sessions were a little crazier, we did a lot of other activities: coloring, panting toes, and tickle fighting (during songs). I wasn't able to take notes or pay attention as well as I did before we had kids, but really enjoyed the experience of listening and enjoying the spirit with my family (and I will enjoy listening to the talks again later). I (Cheryl) particularly enjoyed the talks about sharing the gospel and feel a great desire to do this with my kids. I hope that they enjoyed listening to the prophets and apostles as much as I enjoyed doing this with them.
 |
| This is how we started out |
 |
| This is how we ended up. |
 |
| Super cute listener |
 |
| Another good listener |
Love that last picture of Lizzy! She is such a ham! Did they do well listening for the words so they could have some snacks? Such a fun idea to encourage them to listen at least a little :) You're amazing!!
ReplyDeleteSuch good ideas! You know that all of your sisters are going to be calling you for ideas when we get to that point. Thanks for being a good example!! You're awesome. And your kids are definitely the cutest!
ReplyDelete